Saturday, April 11, 2009

Muffins

I had a moment of inspiration. I made muffins yesterday. I made the kind that uses a box cake mix and 15 oz of pumpkin and nothing else. Well I had a 29 oz can of pumpkin and two cake mixes 1 spice and 1 chocolate. So I divided up the can I thought evenly, however the chocolate was very dense so I added some water. Both muffins are very moist but now in retropect, I think if I had peanut butter chips that the chocolate muffins would have been super delicious. I did contemplate putting tiny chocolate eggs with peanut butter in the center of the muffins, since I make baby bundt muffins, but thought it was a bit too much chocolate. The muffins were excellent. For the record, you cannot taste pumpkin in the chocolate muffins, so its a great additive that keeps them moist and leaves out the oil.

Okay just after I posted this, I found this. OH MY STARS.. I must make these...... I think its destiny..

Pumpkin Brownies
by Celia ChengOctober 26th, 2007
FAT WITCH BAKERY75 9th Ave@ 16th St212-807-1335$$
I’m revisiting an old craving but this time with a recipe since it’s pumpkin season, which means it’s pumpkin brownie season. OMG! So tasty!
Pumpkin Witches from Chelsea’s Fat Witch Bakery.
Makes 36 squares

Ingredients:

1 2/3 cup unbleached flour
1⁄4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1⁄2 tbs cinnamon
1⁄4 tsp nutmeg
1/3 cup butter (room temperature)
1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tbs vanilla
1⁄2 cup water
1 cup no-spice canned pumpkin
1⁄2 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350ยบ.2. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.3. In a separate bowl, mix butter, sugar, and vanilla.4. Beat in eggs.5. Stir in pumpkin.6. Fold in dry ingredients.7. Add chocolate chips.8. Pour into 10×15 jelly roll pan and bake 25-35 minutes.9. Let cool 45 minutes and cut into two-inch pieces.


oh and HAPPY BOBMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

No comments: