Saturday, December 13, 2008

What excites me?

First let me say this is G rated blog, so what excites me isn't exactly gonna knock off anyones socks. BUT if you knit, you may understand that of which I speak. I just learned the alternate cable cast on. This is EXCITING!!! I love Ravelry. I love the shared knowledge of the knitters there, I love the free patterns, I love the learning experience......... and learning a new knitting thing is just awesome. (mind you I still view myself as a knitting novice) I see these new knitters tackling projects that would blow my mind. But it isn't that I don't want to do these things, I view my knitting as a social thing, being tied down to an intricate pattern is not all that practical. I spend a lot of time with a cousin of mine. I do try to interact with her, and following a pattern closely would be difficult to say the least, and interact. (hey I can barely chew gum and walk).
Anyway the Alternate Cable Cast On rocks. Color me excited.

No comments: